The Journey is a 2-week training programme for graduates and young professionals. The programme combines skills development and personal development with learning about systems transformation through contextualized and experiential learning and prototyping.
In 2022, EIT Climate-KIC and the Kenya Climate Innovation Center will deliver a Journey programme in Nairobi from June 20th to July 1st (included). During the Journey, content provided by expert speakers will focus on wood in construction with a specific focus on the 3S dimensions (Sink, carbon Storage, and fossil-carbon Substitution) – challenges and good practices.
Local experts will be invited to participate and deliver workshops and presentations during the programme. Moreover, a specific site visit to a local plantation site will be organized to offer participants a practical understanding of the main challenges connected to sustainable sourcing.
During the 2-week of activities, participants will be invited to work in a team to find sustainable and suitable solutions to the following specific challenge: How to develop a market and meet its demands for timber in construction in sub-Saharan Africa – whilst harnessing the power of industry as a force for good, environmentally, societally and for the climate -?
- Master or Ph.D. students, entrepreneurs, or young professionals in the field of architecture, design, engineering, social science, construction, and policy.
- Citizen or permanent resident of an eligible sub-Saharan African country.
- Passionate about climate change action.
- Good team player.
- Proficient level of English (B2 equivalent).
- Available to take part during the two-week Journey as a full-time programme: June 20th – July 1st, 2022.
- Active participation in the Journey programme.
- Available to fully cover the travel costs to and from Nairobi. Accommodation and meals will be provided for all the summer school participants.