Wood Architect Rockstars Journey
The Journey is a 2-week training programme for graduates and young professionals. The programme combines skills development and personal development with learning about systems transformation through contextualized and experiential learning and prototyping.
In 2022, EIT Climate-KIC and the KCIC Consulting (KCL) will deliver a Journey programme in Nairobi from Oct 24th – Nov 4th, 2022 (meals & accommodation included).
During the Journey, content provided by expert speakers will focus on wood in construction with a specific focus on the 3S dimensions (Sink, carbon Storage, and fossil-carbon Substitution) – challenges and good practices.
Local experts will be invited to participate and deliver workshops and presentations during the programme. Moreover, a specific site visit to a local plantation site will be organized to offer participants a practical understanding of the main challenges connected to sustainable sourcing.
During the 2-week of activities, participants will be invited to work in a team to find sustainable and suitable solutions to the following specific challenge: How can we build a local, sustainable market, and meet its demands, for timber homes throughout East Africa?
Participants’ eligibility criteria
- Master or Ph.D. students, entrepreneurs, or young professionals in the field of architecture, design, engineering, social science, construction, and policy.
- Citizen or permanent resident of an eligible sub-Saharan African country.
- Passionate about climate change action. – Interested in the field of use of timber in construction
- Good team player, and Initiative-taker.
- Proficient level of English (B2 equivalent).
- Available to take part during the two-week Journey as a full-time program: Oct 24th – Nov 4th, 2022.
- Active participation in the Journey program.
- Available to fully cover the travel costs to and from Nairobi. Accommodation and meals will be provided for all the journey participants from 23rd Oct to 4th Nov 2022